Monday, May 28, 2012

Straight Questions, Twisted Answers

For the past couple of days, I am observing that for every straight question asked, we tend to give twisted answers instead of straight ones. I am not generalizing this but have heard from many people. Perhaps I also become the part of the same league sometimes.

Just for example I am jotting down few instances of this experience in the last couple of days-

1. Railway Station, at a coffee shop-

I took a coffee for 11/- I gave the vendor a ten rupee note and was pulling out a 1 Re coin from my back pocket. Whilst taking out the coin, I simply asked the vendor whether he has the change for 100/-? What answer would you expect for this question? I presume either yes or no. Here's what I got-

Sir, how can I give you change for 100/- for a 1/-? He thought I am not having 1/- and hence asking him for a change by giving 100/- note for an 11/- coffee. Boy! Did I tell him that I am not having 1/-? NO.

2. At my office Canteen-
My simple question- Do you have Apple Milkshake?

Instead of yes or no here’s what I got-

Sir, Apples are very costly these days, so we are not keeping them. Instead try our Mango or Chikoo milk shake.

3. At a Grocery store-

I purchased curd and it was 4 days old. I simply asked- Do you have a fresh one?
Again instead of yes or no, here’s what I got-

Sir the curd lasts for 15 days. It will expire after 11 days. So don’t worry!!!

As they say, every tale has a twist ;)

God Bless!
Cheers!
Adi

No comments:

Post a Comment