Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chap Chap Chapaak!!!

Bangalore had thunderous showers today! It was quite dark in the evening at 4.00 pm itself. God made the earth happy with his love nectar. The showers have made the weather quite pleasant! The aroma of the mud blended in cool zephyr is simply majestic and cannot be described in words. It feels as if I am sitting in heaven!


When I was leaving the office, it was raining heavily. On one hand I was happy that it is raining, on the other hand, I was disappointed that I cannot drench myself in the heavenly nectar. The reason for not getting drenched was my laptop! Because of that damn thing I was missing the thing I enjoy the most!


The water was simply irresistible and I decided to play a trick. I kept my laptop back in the office, and went to the open area just to get a little wet! There are some things in life, for which I think one should keep the so called “mind” at bay and simply listen to what “heart” says.


When I was done, I took my laptop and ran towards the bus parking area! I did not want the laptop to go kaput in any case.


As I alighted at my stop, the rain had almost stopped, so I was assured that I need not run to my home! While I was walking back towards my home, I saw a puddle of water! It reminded me of my childhood days, when I used to jump in the water puddle and splash the water.


My heart said to become a child again and I happily obeyed it! I looked here and there to confirm that nobody is around and then simply jumped in to the puddle!


Chap chap chapaak… !


The water flew in all the directions with a splash. Honestly, I cannot describe the contentment and happiness after that! My trouser got stained completely but it is a very small price to pay for a big happiness. I just remembered the Surf excel advertisement at that time, “Daag lagne se agar kucch achcha hota hai, to daag achche hai na?”


I came home and made some steamy pakodas with a cup of ginger tea :-)


Rains, Pakodas, Ginger Tea and IPL, what more can you ask for? ;-)


God Bless!

Cheers!

Adi

3 comments:

  1. wow... i love that too...
    when you are drenched and when the water seeps not only thru your clothes but thru your body to the soul... aaaahhhhhh...
    i think everyone has had this feeling. i myself do what you did, whenever it rains. and rain.. that is what i miss here.. it doesn't rain much here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me to visualize the scene..
    Really, sometimes I did the same, with my arms open (titanic style, but alone :( )....its nice to absorb the nature into yourself...
    But it has been a long time since I did that Chapak thing...this rainy seasons..I am sure, I am going to increase the sales of Surf Excel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has brought so many childhood memories :) How me and bhaiya used to play in those puddles of water...life was so simple and such sweet things brought so much happiness.

    ReplyDelete