Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sumptuous Weekend!

My mind generates contrasting feelings when it is the onset of Saturday and when it is the onset of Monday! The weekend is about to end and I am getting myself ready for yet another day and week in office! This is life and the wheel of time rotates like this.


I had a very chilled weekend! Almost did nothing except relaxing and eating! One of my close friends, Gaurav had come over to my place on Saturday. We thought of going for dinner outside but then suddenly changed plans to make Paav Bhaaji at home.


It had been quite a long time since I had Paav Bhaaji. Infact, if I be honest, I last had it in Mumbai. After coming to Bangalore, I made friendship with Idlis and Dosas, so never got a chance to have Paav Bhaaji! Once I tried to have it at a hotel here, but it was so “awesome” that I had to leave the plate as it is! I really miss the Paav Bhaaji that I used to have at Cannon, outside Mumbai CST.


So that was a perfect plan! In that way, we thought we would recall some golden college moments! Gaurav and I used to be roomies at that time and every Sunday used to be a “feast” day. We used to cook together something special. We immediately took guard and got all the things required.


Gaurav then made the Bhaaji and I toasted the Paav. The joint effort was fruitful, and we relished our meal! It was so good to have it after such a long time.


And today, since our cook takes leave in the evening, being Sunday, I decided to have Andhra style Thaali! Sahil, another close crony and current roomie, and I went to Nandhini to have the same. The food, needless to say, was awesome!


I had a sumptuous weekend, and my taste buds are thanking me to provide them a variety, after a long time!


Its time to get prepared for office! Ironing clothes and all :-(


God Bless!

Cheers!

Adi

1 comment:

  1. College days....Golden days....
    $$ Those were the best days of my life $$

    ReplyDelete