Friday, April 16, 2010

Jaane Pehchaane Ajnabi!

Well, the title is not intended to reflect anything about a typical Ekta Kapoor serial, but my observation while I was going to office today! I was a bit late today and got the 9.30 bus. As I entered the bus, the conductor passed a smile towards me and I replied with the same gesture. We do not talk but yes I know him and vice versa very well by face. Only our smiles talk. He is known to me yet a stranger!


This reminds me of the similar sort of familiarity with strangers, when I was in Mumbai. Most of the times, I used to catch the 8.40 NMMT bus. The driver, the conductor and the fellow passengers almost all used to be same. Mumbai is a city where every second count! If you have ever lived in Mumbai, you would always respect yours and others time! Because “time” is the only thing that Mumbaikars always feel is very scanty at their disposal. So naturally, the public transport is also driven by time, 7.30am CST fast or 9.15am 523 Dindoshi bus! And if you miss your usual local or bus, one thing is sure, you ought to get late!


As the time passed, because of catching the same bus daily, we all developed a relation of smile with each other. No words exchanged, just smile. The 8.40 bus used to be our meeting Dias, where all the conversation was done without exchanging words! We were known, yet strangers! Jaane pehchaane ajnabi!


A smile, I must say has unlimited powers! :-)


God Bless!

Cheers!

Adi

No comments:

Post a Comment