Monday, April 12, 2010

Money-Can you really buy everything?

If you think you can buy everything with money, you are wrong! There are situations, when you feel helpless despite having all the money in the world! The old adage came true for me today.


I had denominations of almost every note of the INR in my wallet yet I felt helpless today in the morning. I had planned to go early to office today. And as it happens with most of the cases, Murphy’s Law comes true, when you want it not to come near you!


In the morning, when I reached the bus stop, I waited for almost 30 minutes and there was no bus coming in the direction to my office. I was getting impatient, and came to know from some people talking, that there is a bus strike today! WTF!!!!!!! Was my first reaction! In those 30 minutes, the bus stop had become a busy platform of a Mumbai suburb station, where scores of people wait for their local train!


Having no hopes to get a bus now, I then looked out for a rickshaw, but there was none! I then felt at times even Money cannot help you! Money was unable to find a conveyance for me to take me to office!


I did not know how I would reach the office. Lady Luck smiled on me, seeing on my condition, and I could see a private minibus coming in my direction. I never ever take those buses because they stop here and there and wait until it gets filled with passengers. However, this was not the time to think twice! As soon as it stopped, people thronged on it. As I have been to Mumbai in the past, I am very well versed in boarding a crowded bus/train! I pushed myself in somehow, and moments later there was not even space to breathe! I thanked God that somehow I would reach the office. I promptly informed my friends then so that they arrange some conveyance for themselves.


This is perhaps the most disappointing thing in our country! Some people for their political interests take whole city to ransom! They never think how it affects the common man because of that!


I reached office, 40 minutes later, in all after about one and half hour since I left my home, completely drenched in sweat! The only good thing was that I reached, finally!


God Bless!

Cheers!

Adi

No comments:

Post a Comment