Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thanks for Everything!

A very successful businessman, having all the materialistic blessings was unhappy and turbulent from inside. Despite having each and everything under the sun that money can get he used to be despondent most of the time.


He was an ardent devotee of God and used to go to temple regularly. He often used to wonder and say to God, “God, you have given me everything, then why not peace?”


One fine day, when he was returning from his regular visit to the temple, he stopped at a tea stall near by to have a cup of tea. He saw that the tea vendor was happily singing praises for Lord Krishna and serving tea to his customers.


The man was surprised that this fellow is so poor, earning a meager income, makes tea for his living, wearing shabby and torn clothes and yet he is so happy!


He called him and asked, “Are you happy with what you get?”


“Yes Sir, I am happy, Krishna is great”, he said.


“So, do you never feel the need to earn wealth for your betterment?” the man asked in utter disbelief and surprise!


“No Sir, Krishna takes care of me”, the poor fellow gave a cheerful answer.


The rich man was astonished a lot. He kept thinking of this fellow and again asked God, “You have given that man nothing, yet he is so pacified and happy. Why I am not?”


The God this time replied, “My dear son, I take care of each and every person. You always used to pray me to give all the worldly desires you wanted. Your desires were never ending and I kept fulfilling all of them. You should be happy for that”


“No, I am not. He is. What did that fellow asked for, so that you gave him so much contentment?”, the rich man said.


God replied calmly, “My dear son, he never asked for anything. He always said- Thanks for Everything


God Bless!
Cheers!

Adi

2 comments:

  1. First my apologies for late reply.I thought that I should read it with cool mind, but we should never wait for good time to come for any action, and I am pleased that this time I read your provocative thoughts..

    Must say a nice story. Good Adi, nice to see that you are able to move and influence your reader's thought.The story indeed is a reflection of contemplation. Nice work.
    Keep it up..

    I would suggest that provide the link @ orkut profile so that everyone can access this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Praveen! Keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete